What To Look For When Purchasing A Meat Injector?
A meat injector is an equipment that is employed for injecting marinade solutions into the meat or vegetable to make it flavorful and delicious. But when it comes to purchasing a meat injector, you must select the one that suits your requirements as there are many types of meat injectors available on the market.
Some are employed for small scale, which are manual, and others for large scale that have many needles that inject simultaneously. Among these how to pick the right meat injector is the biggest question.
Here are some buying tips when looking to purchase a meat injector:
- Prior to purchasing a meat injector, the aspect of its use is important as to whether it is used for domestic purposes or small pieces or big pieces, etc. This is essential as depending on the meat size, the injection numbers also increase. This implies the injection solution capacity should be apt and the needle strength should be good enough to withstand the pressure of injection several times.
- Various sizes are available for meat injection, from small to medium to large, for different capacities. Generally mid-sizes are suitable for good marinade amounts that fit small and big, both. From plenty of injection gizmos, a good sturdy hypodermic needle injection is ideal for home use.The hypodermic meat injector has a needle that has pores or holes at the needle sides, rather than at the tip. This is essential to avoid clogging easily due to meat. The tip of a hypodermic needle is strong enough to withstand injections for a longer time.
- A sharp tip is essential for a good meat injector. Along with this, another essentiality is a sturdy connection between the body and the needle. The needle should be easily removable. The plunger should be strongly connected with a tight gasket for easy movement. The plunger connects syringe body with the syringe interiors, which should be proper. Silicone gasket is a preferred gasket over other types for long functional life.
- The next step to check is the cleaning part. The process of separating down the parts of the syringe should be easy, to ensure proper and hygienic cleaning. Storing the needle within the syringe’s interior should be easy to avoid any contamination after cleaning.
- A minimum of 2oz. capacity meat injector is ideal for home use. It is preferred that the body is of stainless steel to ensure durability and long life. Plastic syringes generally break or crack with time and can also burst due to the pressure. Other materials such as aluminum, brass and copper can react with salt and hence, it is better to avoid them.
- The meat injector should have a good injector and suction system to make sure the solution is sucked up nicely with no air bubbles, thereby making the injection useful.The whole operation should be user friendly and time saving.
- Depending on what kind of marinades you generally employ, you can choose the needle width. For thick and chunky mixtures, extra wide needle is best whereas for liquids and fluidly solutions, medium width needle will do the job.